6.01.2012

mostly just the shoes

Sometimes I think I'd like to start a blog that is only about the things I ate and why I ate them.

The six bites of your pad see ew on Tuesday night? That was my dinner. Because I had a vegetarian Chipotle burrito for lunch, because I recently had to switch birth control brands, because the American health care system is a joke, because 10 years ago now I wanted to leave home and go as far as I could without crossing an ocean, because I fell in love and stayed, and now I'm here, in this bar, drinking a whiskey ginger, losing at trivia, about to get a lecture from your best friend as to why I should stay away from you.

All that from pad see ew!

My coworker brought me $5 worth of rhubarb from the Union Square green market last week. I turned it into: a rhubarb buttermilk cake with cinnamon sugar topping; rhubarb lemon ginger muffins; soft rhubarb compote.

Shoes!





Brunch! 

All day long I'll listen to the soundtrack of Les Mis. (This is a factory, not a circus!) Why not? There are some projects I'd like to finish up this weekend. One of those projects is writing lists of all the projects I'd like to finish up this summer. It's finally time to start a New York bucket list. I'll sit outside as much as possible. I'll contemplate. I'm going to have lots of time on my hands now that I've sworn off men again.

No comments:

Post a Comment