5.30.2012

it's not you

Just tonight I was told a relationship wasn't going to work out because I was not neurotic enough.

NOT. Not neurotic. Enough.

I've also been dumped for being too neurotic. I'm the Goldilocks of neuroses!

Other reasons I have recently been dumped: his head isn't in the right place, I have too many feelings, my sex drive is too high, he cares about me too much, we're both just too busy, relationships are supposed to be easy.

Wazzzzzzzzup, dating in New York, you're totes the best ever. Please eat these rhubarb ginger lemon muffins I just stress baked the shit out of. We can share one as you tell me all the ways in which I am failing you.

Neurotic muffins!

2 comments:

  1. ugh, dating is the worst! (except when it isn't.) sorry about the dumpage. at least you get this great story to tell. with an excuse like that one, i'm guessing the guy just saved you from a lifetime of overbearing mother-in-law drama. just a hunch. hang in there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is where neurotic men come to die, except first they rent small apartments and buy flannel shirts and sit in parks reading really good books and make you think they might be salvageable. Danger!

    ReplyDelete