1.09.2012

good news

I have reclaimed the bed.

It only took a year and a half.

This past Friday night, I celebrated the engagement of one of my closest friends in the city with my other closest friend in the city. She is also engaged. I walked into the restaurant to find a table set for four with another smaller, circular table attached, set for one.

I made them rearrange it.

These things don't bother me, much.

But sometimes they do.

4 comments:

  1. My therapist would disagree with you. She says people show themselves from the beginning. It's up to us to see it.

    I don't know. I struggle with this. It's less responsibility to believe that people do just wake up one more and change their minds, less pressure. But it's also more terrifying. It makes me never want to love anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is the hardest thing. At least to me. You do never know.

    (It was nice to see you last night!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should note that I redacted this post, as it didn't seem right to discuss such a wonderful relationship next to such a miserable one. There should be very firm lines.

    But I think I disagree with your therapist, Em. I think that places too much blame.

    Faith. Yes. In all its forms. The hardest to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lines are what we make them, be comfortable in yours. I only thought of your nerve in asking to rearrange the tables, and I liked you for that. A whole lot.

    ReplyDelete