Check that post below.
See photo (of me!) highlighting almost everything I dislike about my body: crinkly eyes, overbite, pale skin, unending freckles, weird pudgy arm thing (what IS that?), 6-month-old dye job, sad, lifeless hair.
WOMP.
You know what it is? It's that I look so happy, and I was, and I am, and seriously - it's time to get over it.
Yesterday I had the thought: "I need to lose 5 pounds before reunion."
REALLY?!?
Do you REALLY!?!?
Leaving aside that I don't actually need to lose 5 pounds, this is reunion - this is my five year college reunion, this is a house in Vermont, in June, my friends, a shortage of beds, green hills, cows, this is the place where I was the happiest I've ever been, surrounded by people who love and accept me even though I am a freckly, overbitten beast. Sure, there are people who will judge me, but I never liked them much, and besides, I'll judge them right back.
There was a time when I thought I would one day have the money to get all my little freckles zapped off. I think, finally, I'd rather use that money to go to Vermont, every June, ill-fitting bathing suit, barbecue, pile of books, the loves of my life. The freckles can stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment