11.14.2011

current obsessions



I "rediscovered" this song on Emily's iPod this weekend, and proceeded to play it, like, 16 times. And now I've been listening to it all day. It is still so good. So good. I put it on and I'm 17 again, sitting on Mike's bed as he strums, with Telly and Ryan and Jackie harmonizing neatly, my heart bursting. In a movie, that's where it would freeze frame and then at the bottom it'd be all, "Ten years later..." and it would cut to evil New York City, where I live, and I'd be walking slowly through Central Park looking pensive and far more glamorous than I currently do in my thrift-store skirt and hair all sticky from the homemade salt spray because I'm on a budget.

Also, please to appreciate the meticulous fan video, in which every lyric is matched to its corresponding image, kind of like Pictionary. I don't really understand the random shot of Hawaii around 1:40, but otherwise, solid artistic interpretation. And the scary devil eyes! And how the fire gets bigger with each successive "burning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment