I've been listening to a lot of Youth Lagoon.
The only time I've been to Texas: I slept on a couch in Austin belonging to a drummer I had met at a hostel in Louisiana. He took me to hear music. I felt less like myself than I ever had before. I snuck out of his house in the morning. I almost lost his roommate's cat. I got my first and only oil change of the 25,000+ mile trip. I drove thirteen hours to Silver City, New Mexico, stopping in El Paso to get a look at the border and eat some tex-mex. And there were cats.
It's a really good thing I haven't owned a car at any point over the last few years. The number of times I have wanted to get up and go. I'd be halfway there by now, the ink-night coating my windshield, the windows rolled down just enough to keep me awake.






No comments:
Post a Comment