7.07.2011

ownership


I like days that feel all mine. Tonight I got myself lost in Chinatown and drank a bubble tea and ate a confusing pastry on a bench. I watched the little worlds. The summer sun at dusk does wild, beautiful things to New York. Then I met the Commie for $10 lobsters. We walked the 4 miles over the Manhattan Bridge and back into Brooklyn. Just before we left dry land I watched a woman hanging her laundry on the roof of her building, almost close enough to touch. The Q screamed and huffed over our shoulders. The moon was half-smirking above the city, all lit up, all heat against heat, the humidity lessened by the earlier rain. I have a feeling I will say this until the day I leave: this city is a trip. I cannot believe I live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment