Today - or what has now become yesterday - was a leap day.
Everyone kept pointing out that this was an extra day. I hadn't thought of it like that before. When I did, I felt rather pressured to do something monumental with that extra time. Because I am, after all, very old. I don't have many extra days left in my extra day pocket.
My coworkers grumbled that it meant we weren't getting paid.
Some people made art.
For an extra day, I would recommend:
-Early morning yoga
-A bran muffin
-Checking something, just one thing, off your task list for the week, even if that thing is just "make awesome dinner reservations"
-A glass of wine and stories of WWII (perspective!)
-A burrito
-A very funny movie. An appropriate one, at that. It's all about seizing the day.
Lately I've been thinking how I need to work from a deeper place. I need to operate in survival mode at all times. After all, isn't every day a leap day, really? (No, not really. That was a stretch. But when trying to get. shit. done., every little bit helps.)
No comments:
Post a Comment