12.21.2011
maybe this year will be better than the last
Last night I dreamt you kissed me during a Blue Man Group show. It was still pretty spectacular.
Tonight, with any luck, I'll fall asleep in Vancouver. All salt and wet and alive. I haven't been home in over a year. I am cleaving so closely to this happiness, which feels like a treasure each day, like something I have to pocket and keep close. I think it will be easier to indulge it at home, being with my family, hiking, skiing, baking, gifting. And I think, or maybe already know, that I will miss New York, and my life here, immensely. I am already excited to come back.
Big plane, seat 43K. I've got a New Yorker and an issue of Granta. I can't wait to leave them unopened and watch terrible movies on the long flight West.
See you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment