8.25.2011

random act of bravery



Bravery is playing this song STONED OUT OF YOUR MIND in front of thousands, on video, for posterity.

I survived an earthquake this week, which should count for something. There's a hurricane bearing down on us. But I don't feel very brave.

I can't be the only person who looks at herself in the mirror and questions every decision she's ever made, right?

(I love the pure joy and surprise on Neil's face as they all crowd that one microphone. Maybe it's the mountains of cocaine, but he really does look like a child.)

It will be nice to stand on the roof this weekend, to be lashed by a storm. Not in a self-destructive way, not at all, but just to get wet, blown off centre. To feel the force of something that huge. I'll wear my thinnest coat. Mercury is in retrograde. The earth's crust shifted. A storm 510 miles in diameter is about to show her face. It's a wake up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment